After you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, one of the most important things is securing the compensation you need to move forward. For many individuals, this comes with a great deal of anxiety. After all, failure is seldom a viable option; you and your family need fair compensation to preserve your quality of life and pave the way for recovery. For this reason, having an experienced legal team on your side is necessary to stand up for your rights and ensure you receive justice.
With over 200 years of combined injury law experience, James H. Brown and Associates has become Alberta’s trusted name in accident injury law, with a proven record of precedent-setting results and successful settlements for our clients. Read on to learn more about what you can expect in your car accident settlement, as well as to discover how James H. Brown and Associates is ready to stand up for your rights every step of the way.
Factors Affecting Car Accident Settlements
Every car accident is unique; countless variables can affect every aspect of a car accident settlement, including the amount you’re entitled to, how settlement negotiations will proceed, and even whether or not you have to go to trial. These factors include (but are not limited to):
- Case Complexity and Disputes. When all the facts about your accident are known and established, settlement negotiations tend to go more smoothly than when particulars are still in dispute. Gathering as much information as possible at the accident scene and keeping detailed records of your injury’s consequences can help accelerate the settlement process.
- Type and Severity of Injuries. Unfortunately, the more severe your injuries are, the more likely a case will take a long time to be resolved. This is especially true if you develop long-term symptoms such as chronic pain. Getting your injuries diagnosed early, following through with all medical appointments and therapy, and updating your care providers and legal team on your injuries is the most effective way to keep your case moving ahead.
- Size of Your Settlement. In short, the more compensation you seek, the harder insurance companies will fight to keep that money in their own pockets. Their tactics may vary, from offering lowball settlements to refusing to negotiate until Court dates are looming. Sound legal counsel will help arm you against their strategies and help you navigate negotiations by providing the resources and support you need to attain justice.
Settlement Negotiations – Mediation & More
Despite the factors noted above, most accident victims successfully settle their claims before going to Court. In many personal injury cases, a trial is risky, time-consuming, and expensive for all parties; an experienced injury lawyer will work to help you achieve a settlement quickly without getting the Courts involved.
Before your Court date, you can expect your injury lawyer to engage in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to secure a fair settlement. This can include settlement meetings and negotiations, mediation hearings, and even Judicial Dispute Resolution, where a Judge hears written briefs from each side’s lawyers outside of a formal courtroom setting.
Although these tactics may sound intimidating and time-consuming, they are far more effective in getting results and compensation quickly than waiting for Courts to hear your case. An experienced injury lawyer will be able to work with you to build a complete, comprehensive case to ensure you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
James H. Brown and Associates: Unrivalled Success in Injury Law
For nearly three decades, James H. Brown and Associates have worked with car accident victims and their families to help them attain complete, fair compensation for their injuries. Our team of experienced injury lawyers understand firsthand what it’s like to be injured in a car accident, and are ready to stand up for your rights while supporting you on the road to recovery.
With over 200 years of combined injury law experience, James H. Brown and Associates understand that no two accidents are alike. That’s why we proudly provide a complete range of services and support for our clients, including:
- An experienced team of injury lawyers with an unrivalled record of success.
- Investigation and evidence preservation services, including accident reconstruction.
- Strong relationships with organizations ready to assist with rehabilitation and recovery.
- And much more!
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in a Car Accident?
Contact us today to book a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates’ injury lawyers.