Serious injuries are stressful! After you or a loved one have been seriously injured in an accident, it can be tough to know what to do next. Ultimately, accident victims and their families need to focus on two things: their well-being and securing a fair settlement that provides for both current and future needs.
With that in mind, here are three simple steps that everyone should follow after an accident:
- Seek Medical Attention. Your health always comes first. Even if you feel fine or only have minor injuries, you should still seek medical care after a serious accident. A doctor or other healthcare provider will be able to find and treat injuries that may not be obvious. Additionally, your doctor’s records of your injuries will be used in any potential accident claim.
- Keep Track of Damages. After the accident, keep a journal of any changes you experience because of your accident. “Damages” can be lost days of work, medical expenses, and other effects caused by your accident. Keeping track of what you lost will help ensure you receive everything you’re owed after an accident.
- Get Legal Advice (BEFORE Talking to the Other Driver’s Insurance). After an accident, the other driver’s insurance company will likely contact you for a statement. Never give an insurance company a statement before speaking with a lawyer. Many insurance companies will look for information in your statement they can use to pay you less. Instead, contact an experienced injury lawyer to determine what to do next.
While the first two steps are pretty straightforward, choosing the right injury lawyer for your case can be tough. It’s an important choice; when your life and livelihood hang in the balance, you need a team ready to support you through every stage of securing the compensation they deserve. Read more about how James H. Brown and Associates works to get settlement payouts for accident victims below.
Securing Settlement Payouts with James H. Brown and Associates
After an injury, accident victims only get one shot at securing a fair payout; if you want to make the most of it, you need a team you can trust behind you. Especially with catastrophic or life-altering injuries, your settlement payout can significantly impact your future quality of life; you need a team ready to get you results.
James H. Brown and Associates has an unrivalled record of success with accident claims, settlement negotiations, and full jury trials in Alberta. Over the last 30 years, we’ve helped our clients recover some of the largest motor vehicle accident injury settlements in Albertan history while continually setting new precedents in Western Canadian injury law. We invite you to compare our results to any other law firm in Alberta today.
Read more about our results here.
*Past results are not necessarily indicative of future outcomes. The amount recovered and other litigation results will vary according to the facts in every individual case.
Everything You Need for the Road to Recovery
Although our award-winning firm may make getting results look easy, every case is unique. For example, an insurance company may dispute your version of events, or complex long-term injuries may require additional documentation from medical professionals and other specialists to secure a settlement. When choosing your injury lawyer, it’s essential to ensure they have the resources to pursue your settlement fully and get you the compensation you deserve.
As one of Alberta’s largest and most successful injury law firms, James H. Brown and Associates proudly provides complete resources to support accident victims and their cases, including:
- An experienced team of injury lawyers with over 250 years of combined injury law experience.
- Complete accident investigation services, including accident reconstruction, evidence preservation, analysis, and more.
- Access to medical and vocational professionals to fully diagnose your injuries, understand long-term consequences, and provide supporting documentation for your case.
- Strong relationships with community organizations dedicated to rehabilitation and recovery.
In addition to building strong cases and securing settlement payouts, James H. Brown and Associates are driven to support accident victims and their families every step of the way. “When I was injured, there wasn’t much out there for support,” recalls James H. Brown. “Today, we are dedicated to giving seriously injured people the support they need.”
Get Started Today
The sooner you speak with an injury lawyer after an accident, the sooner you can get started on the road to recovery. That’s why James H. Brown and Associates makes getting started today fast and easy!
Unlike many large law firms in Alberta today, James H. Brown and Associates’ injury lawyers are ready to speak with you right away. No call centres, no intake teams, just fast, direct access to the expert legal advice you and your family need.
Contact us today to speak with a lawyer and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates.