Deciding to pursue an injury law claim and having to choose a personal injury lawyer can be a big decision. There are many factors that go into making that choice. To help you in the process of making your decision we decided to share the factors that we would consider in how to choose a personal injury lawyer. We have over 250 years of combined injury law experience and have worked with thousands of clients. Below are some things to think about, and what we consider important to consider when you choose a personal injury lawyer to represent you.
Why It’s Important to Retain a Personal Injury Lawyer
Retaining an experienced car accident lawyer soon after a motor vehicle accident is critical. After an accident, insurance companies act fast to protect their interests. By contacting a car accident lawyer for a cost-free consultation, you will be advised of the dos and don’ts in the days and weeks post-accident.
Having an experienced advocate to walk you through the litigation process can make all the difference. As insurance companies have virtually unlimited resources, it is common for them to deny fair compensation and drag out claims. By hiring an experienced car accident lawyer, you level the playing field and substantially increase the chance you will be paid full and fair compensation.
What Makes a Good Personal Injury Lawyer?
Choosing the right personal injury lawyer is a daunting process. This decision should not be taken lightly as sub-par legal representation may jeopardize your claim and final settlement amount.
To make the selection process easier, our Team has created a list of characteristics prospective clients should keep in mind when shopping for a car accident lawyer.
- A proven track record – clients should ensure their lawyer (and that lawyer’s law firm) has a history of full and fair car accident injury settlements.
- Positive reviews – prior to signing a contract with a personal injury lawyer, clients should do their homework. We suggest looking up the lawyer’s law firm to ensure the firm has positive customer satisfaction ratings.
- Specialized practice – injured Albertans should be wary of hiring an injury lawyer who isn’t primarily handling personal injury law files. At James H. Brown & Associates, car accident injury law is the only law we do. This means that our Team dedicates all our resources and experience to your case. When you hire a lawyer who focuses on car accidents, you can rest assured that your file is being managed by somebody with a high degree of familiarity with car accident law.
- A large staff – personal injury lawyers do not settle cases alone. Behind each car accident injury case is a team of lawyers, administrative staff, and paralegals. Ensure your chosen personal injury law firm has extensive support staff.
- Experience – be sure to choose a law firm with many years of personal injury law experience. At James H. Brown & Associates, we have over 250 years combined car accident injury law experience.
- Precedent-setting and record settlements – join a winning team. Past results are a good indication of future performance. Ensure you choose a personal injury lawyer and law firm who have a history of precedent-setting settlements.
- Face-to-face interaction – before hiring a personal injury lawyer, make sure you meet them in person. In-person interaction is critical during the early stages of the lawyer-client relationship. Prospective clients must meet their lawyer to ensure they can work together. Any competent and professional personal injury lawyer will request an initial in-person meeting. As the initial meeting is one of the most important stages in a lawsuit, meetings should be held in person to maximize communication and the collection of relevant information.
Ready To Choose James H. Brown and Associates?
James H. Brown and Associates, Alberta’s precedent-setting injury lawyers are here to help. We offer free injury claim evaluations and are happy to answer any injury law question you may have. Trust in the experience of James H. Brown and Associates when you choose a personal injury lawyer. When your life has been turned upside down we are here to assist you every step of the way.