How Long Should You Be Sore After an Accident?

If you are still sore after a car accident, you may consider contacting a lawyer to pursue a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver.

How Long Should You Be Sore After an Accident?

You may be sore for several weeks or months after an accident, depending on the type of injury. Soreness can sometimes last longer. Recovery differs for each person and depends on the type of injury, age, and general health. If you are frustrated you are still sore after an accident, speak with your healthcare providers to discuss your options. Contact our Accident Injury Lawyers today to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.

What are Soft Tissue Injuries?

Soft tissue injuries are trauma to muscles, tendons or ligaments. Tendons connect muscle to bone. Ligaments connect bones, especially in joints like the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee. A “strain” refers to overstretching of muscles or tendons. A “sprain” refers to overstretching of ligaments.

There are different grades or severity of sprains and strains, best diagnosed by your health care professionals. Recovery from Grade 1 and 2 soft tissue injuries may take several weeks. More severe strains and sprains may take longer to heal fully. If your recovery is not progressing as you expected, speak with your physiotherapist and doctor.

Should You See a Doctor?

After a car accident or other type of accident, get medical attention. See your doctor for an assessment of your injuries and estimated recovery time. Signs and symptoms of more severe injury include deformity, numbness, feeling of “pins and needles”, or pain around the bone.

Your doctor may refer you for physiotherapy. Your physiotherapist can provide a specific treatment plan for the different stages of recovery from your injuries. Follow your treatment providers’ recommendations to maximize your recovery and to prevent further injury.

You should see a medical doctor for assessment of your injuries after a car accident to ensure fractures, head injury and other potentially serious health complications are ruled out.

When Should I Contact a Lawyer?

Contact an Accident Injury Lawyer as soon as possible after an accident. We have our team of accident reconstruction engineers and analysts on site at the scene of the accident, to gather the critical evidence in your case.

Don’t wait to call us. You may not yet know whether you will be able to return to work or whether you will fully recover from your injuries. Speak with us as soon as possible after the accident so that you understand your options. We help you navigate the process and support you every step of the way.

Injuries can sometimes take months to get better. If you are frustrated, you are still sore after the accident and your injuries are impacting your work and daily activities, speak with your healthcare providers. You have the support of James H. Brown & Associates. We understand that trauma from a motor vehicle accident extends far beyond physical injuries. James H. Brown & Associates Car Accident Injury Lawyers fight for you to ensure you get the compensation that you deserve.

related post