With spring finally underway in Edmonton, many people are looking to get out and make up for a long, brutal winter. If you were injured in a car accident this winter, however, you might not be able to enjoy the warmer weather quite as much as you’d like.
Maybe, at the time, you didn’t think your injuries were that severe. Sure, you were a bit sore, but it didn’t seem that bad. Now that spring is here, however, you’re starting to notice that something’s still not right. Maybe your neck and back are giving you trouble, or you’re still experiencing frequent headaches or dizzy spells. Even worse, the symptoms of your injuries prevent you from going to work or affect what you can do at home with your family. You’re clearly more injured than you thought, but the accident happened months ago; is it too late to seek compensation for your injuries?
No matter when an accident occurs, Edmontonians are entitled to receive complete, fair compensation for their injuries. James H. Brown and Associates has an unrivalled reputation for helping injured Albertans attain justice. Our award-winning team has over 250 years of combined injury law experience and a proven record of success securing complete settlements for our clients. Keep reading to learn more about how we can help you and your family secure compensation for accident-related injuries.
How Late is “Too Late” to Make a Claim?
If you or a family member are still suffering from car accident injuries that occurred this past winter, it’s not too late to seek the compensation you deserve compensation!
In general, accident victims can continue to pursue compensation for their injuries so long as:
- Your injury occurred within the last two years (as per Alberta’s Limitations Act).
- You haven’t accepted a settlement from the other party’s insurance company.
Even though you have plenty of time, it’s still essential to act quickly to start your claim. Even with a rock-solid case, some settlement claims can take a long time to go through successfully. If your injuries are costing you money, preventing you from enjoying activities, or otherwise affecting your quality of life, you can’t afford to wait!
Steps to Take Today
When pursuing legal action after an accident, it’s essential that all accident victims take the following steps:
- Seek Medical Attention. This is extremely important, especially if it’s been a while since your accident. Doctors and other healthcare providers will be able to diagnose your injuries completely and confirm they were caused by your accident. Their records will be critical to your case, so be sure to describe your symptoms and injuries in as much detail as possible.
- Document Your Damages. Did your injuries affect your ability to work or spend time with your family? Did your accident cause medical or other out-of-pocket expenses? Write it down! Thoroughly documenting your damages is essential to securing fair compensation for them.
- Seek Legal Advice. Motor vehicle accident law is complicated, especially in Alberta. Speaking to a team of experienced injury lawyers is the best way to protect your rights and pursue justice for your injuries.
James H. Brown & Associates: Edmonton’s Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Since 1993, James H. Brown and Associates has proudly stood up for injured Albertans and helped them navigate the road to recovery. We understand firsthand how it feels to be seriously injured after a car accident, and are dedicated to securing complete, fair compensation for accident victims and their families.
With over 250 years of combined experience, we’ve learned that no two accidents, injuries, or settlement cases are the same. That’s why we proudly provide a complete range of services and support for all of our clients’ needs, including:
- An award-winning team of injury lawyers with an unrivalled record of success.
- Complete accident investigation services, including accident reconstruction, evidence preservation, analysis, and more.
- Access to medical and vocational professionals to fully diagnose your injuries, understand long-term consequences, and provide supporting documentation for your case.
- Strong relationships with community organizations dedicated to rehabilitation and recovery.
Injured in a Car Accident?
Contact us today to book a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates’ injury lawyers.