Every year, countless Calgarians are involved in collisions on the city’s roads. Although most car accidents are (thankfully) minor in nature, there is always the risk of serious injury in any auto collision. If you or a loved one are injured in a car accident, it can be overwhelming to figure out what to do next.
James H. Brown and Associates has proudly provided legal services for accident victims across Alberta for three decades. Today, we continue to stand up for accident victims’ rights, helping them secure the compensation they deserve for their injuries. Read on to find out what to do if you’re involved in a car accident, as well as how James H. Brown and Associates supports Calgarians every step of the way.
What to Do After an Accident
No matter where or how it occurred, taking the proper steps after a car accident is essential to your short and long-term well-being. This includes:
- Seek Medical Attention. Nothing is more important than your health. Even if your injuries feel “minor,” you should still seek medical care immediately after an accident. A doctor or other healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat injuries that may not be obvious right away, and their records will likely be used in any potential accident claim.
- Keep Track of Damages. It’s essential to keep track of any changes in your day-to-day life resulting from your accident. “Damages” can be lost days of work, medical expenses, and other negative effects caused by your accident. Keeping track of what you lost will help ensure you receive everything you’re owed.
- Get Legal Advice. After an accident, the other driver’s insurance company will likely contact you for a statement. Never provide a statement to an insurance company before speaking with a lawyer. Many insurance companies will scour your statement for information they can use to pay you less. Getting advice from an experienced injury lawyer is the best way to protect your interests and rights.
Calgary Car Accident Injury Law with James H. Brown and Associates
Recovering from a serious injury can be challenging enough without having to navigate Alberta’s complex legal system. James H. Brown and Associates understands firsthand how hard this can be; that’s why our experienced team of accident injury lawyers remains dedicated to helping Calgarians secure comprehensive settlements for car accident injuries.
As one of Alberta’s largest and most successful injury law firms, James H. Brown and Associates proudly offers complete resources to support accident victims throughout the legal process, including:
- An experienced team of lawyers with 250 years of combined experience and a proven record of success.
- Complete accident investigation services, including accident reconstruction, evidence preservation, analysis, and more.
- Access to medical and vocational professionals to fully diagnose your injuries, understand long-term impacts, and provide supporting documentation for your case.
- Strong relationships with community organizations dedicated to injury rehabilitation, recovery and support.
On top of building strong cases and securing settlements, James H. Brown and Associates are dedicated to supporting accident victims and their families throughout the legal process. “When I was injured, there wasn’t much out there for support,” recalls James H. Brown. “Today, we are dedicated to giving seriously injured people the support they need.”
Ready to Start Today
When it comes to Albertan injury law, moving quickly is key. The sooner you obtain legal counsel after an accident, the sooner you can get started on the road to recovery. That’s why James H. Brown and Associates makes getting started today quick and convenient.
Unlike many large law firms in Calgary, our experienced injury lawyers are ready to speak with you right away. No call centres, no intake teams, just fast, easy access to the legal advice you and your family need.
Need an Experienced Injury Lawyer?
Contact us today to speak with a lawyer and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates.