Every car accident is unique. Each and every accident victim and family affected by a motor vehicle accident will have unique challenges to obtain compensation for their injuries, which is to say nothing of the road to recovery. It won’t always be easy, but taking the proper steps immediately following a car accident can help you recover a settlement that provides for your short and long-term needs.
With over 250 years combined experience advocating for serious injury victims in Alberta, James H. Brown and Associates is ready to protect your rights and help secure a complete, fair settlement for your injuries. Read on to learn the steps you should immediately take after a car accident, as well as how our award-winning law firm can help you secure the compensation you deserve after a car accident.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
Car accidents are highly traumatic events, whether you’re a driver, passenger, or even a pedestrian. It can be overwhelming to decide what to do next; nonetheless, these three steps will ensure your health and legal rights are protected:
- Seek Medical Attention. Nothing is more important than your health; look after it first! Your doctor, the emergency room, or other medical professionals will be able to diagnose and treat your injuries, as well as document any relevant information related to your accident. Give them every detail possible about your condition; it may help your doctor find a difficult-to-spot injury. Not only that, but the better your injuries are documented, the easier it will be to successfully prove the accident caused them when pursuing a settlement.
- Document Your Damages. Just as your doctor will document your injuries, you should also keep track of any other “damages” you may have suffered. This includes damages to your vehicle, missed days of work, medical expenses, and other changes you experience as a result of your injuries. Documentation (such as a detailed journal or receipts) is vital to ensuring your settlement is fair and complete.
- Speak with an Experienced Injury Lawyer (First!). As soon as an insurance company learns you were in an accident, their representatives will likely try to contact you to obtain a statement. NEVER provide a statement to an insurance company without speaking to an experienced injury lawyer first. Working with an experienced injury lawyer is the most effective way to protect your rights and ensure you and your family get complete, fair compensation for your injuries.
How James H. Brown Can Help
For three decades, James H. Brown and Associates has remained committed to advocating for accident victims across Alberta. Our team of experienced injury lawyers understand firsthand what it’s like to be seriously injured in a car accident. Since 1993, we’ve built our reputation as a precedent-setting injury law firm committed to standing up for your rights and attaining justice.
No two accidents are alike. That’s why we offer complete legal services and support for Alberta accident victims and their families, including:
- Over 250 years of combined injury law experience, including an unrivalled record of success in Alberta courts.
- Complete accident investigation services, including evidence preservation, accident reconstruction, and more.
- Multi-disciplinary experts and specialists to fully diagnose your injuries and determine long-term impacts.
- Strong relationships with Alberta organizations ready to assist with rehabilitation and recovery.
- And much more!
Get Started Today
Sound legal advice is one of the first steps on the road to justice. At James H. Brown and Associates, we make it fast and easy to access the legal advice you need, starting today.
Unlike many large injury law firms in Alberta today, James H. Brown and Associates’ injury lawyers are ready to speak with you right away. No call centres, no intake teams, just the expert legal advice you and your family need.
Contact us today to speak with a lawyer and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates.