Injured Edmontonians are entitled to fair and complete compensation regardless of when their car accident occurred. For over three decades, James H. Brown and Associates has been committed to standing up for the rights of our fellow Albertans. Our award-winning team of knowledgeable car accident lawyers is here to help you attain justice after your accident. With a proven record of success in securing fair compensation, you can rest assured that James H. Brown and Associates has your best interests at heart. Below we’ll cover a car accident situation and what steps you should take after an accident. Keep reading to find out more!
Does this Sound Familiar?
Picture this: during the spring, you were involved in a car accident on Edmonton’s roads. But your injuries didn’t appear severe at the time of the accident. After filing your police report, you went back to your typical routine. Perhaps you were a bit more sore than expected, but it didn’t seem like anything serious. However, now that a few weeks or months have passed, you’ve noticed that you still haven’t bounced back to what “normal” feels like. Your back and neck are still sore, or you’re still dealing with frequent headaches or dizzy spells. These symptoms have interrupted your ability to do your job or enjoy activities in your personal life that you used to do before your accident. From what’s been described, it’s clear that you’re more injured than previously thought, but months have passed since the accident, so you’re unsure what your next steps need to be. If this sounds all too familiar, James H. Brown and Associates are here to help! Keep reading to find out what those next steps should be.
Is There Still Time to Build Your Case?
If you or a family member still feel the adverse effects of a car accident that happened weeks or months ago, it’s not too late to get started on your personal injury claim! In general, as long as your police report was filed and you haven’t accepted a settlement related to your accident, you still have time to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. While Alberta’s statute of limitation laws states that you have two years to start a car accident personal injury claim, getting started sooner rather than later is essential. When you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Edmonton’s top car accident lawyers at James H. Brown and Associates as soon as possible so we can build your case. If your injuries impact your ability to make an income or uphold your quality of life, starting your car accident, claim right away will help you attain justice and compensation and kick-start your journey to recovery.
What You Need to Do Today
Suppose you’re ready to pursue legal action after a car accident in Edmonton. In that case, you need to take a few critical steps as soon as possible. These steps include the following:
- Seek Medical Attention: Medical professionals can properly diagnose your injuries and confirm that they were caused as a result of your accident. Their records will be a critical component of your case, so be honest and open, providing as much detail as possible. Moreover, the more open you are about your injuries, the better your treatment plan will be.
- Document Your Damages: How long have you been experiencing pain? Has the soreness you’ve been feeling impacted your ability to work or leisure time? Were there unexpected expenses as a result of your accident? Take note of anything and everything related to your accident! Documenting all your damages is vital for ensuring you attain fair compensation. Remember that no detail is too minor!
- Find a Car Accident Lawyer: Car accident law is complex, especially for injured persons who have never had to seek legal counsel. After being injured in a car accident, a team of experienced motor vehicle accident lawyers is critical to protect your rights and achieving the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Injury Law with James H. Brown & Associates
Since 1993, James H. Brown and Associates has been committed to standing up for injured Edmontonians and helping them move forward after a serious car accident. Our team understands firsthand what it’s like to be a car accident victim, and we are passionate about helping our clients achieve the compensation and compensation they need to move forward. No two car accidents are the same; that’s why our car accident lawyers are proud to offer a variety of services and support for our clients, such as:
- An award-winning team of car accident lawyers with an unrivalled record of success and over 250 years of combined personal injury law experience.
- Investigation and evidence preservation services, such as accident reconstruction and more.
- Access to top experts who can determine the full extent of your injuries and provide critical documentation for your case.
- Strong relationships with local support programs, like the Brain Care Centre, who are ready to assist with your rehabilitation and recovery.
When you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, trust Edmonton’s top car accident lawyers at James H. Brown and Associates to help you through the legal process and down the road to recovery.
Ready to Get Started on Your Case?
Contact James H. Brown and Associates today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with our expert car accident lawyers!