Soft tissue injuries are some of the most common injuries people suffer in car accidents. However, many people don’t fully understand how serious soft tissue injuries can be. While many injuries heal quickly, others can negatively impact your life for a long time; it’s essential for accident victims and their families to fully understand soft tissue injury symptoms and what to do if you suffer an injury an accident.
To help get you started understanding soft tissue injuries, you’ll find a simple, easy-to-read definition below, as well as information about what to do if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident. You’ll also find more information about how James H. Brown and Associates helps accident victims attain justice and get fair compensation for their injuries.
What is a Soft Tissue Injury?
A soft tissue injury is damage to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. The most common types of soft tissue injuries include:
- Sprains (stretching and/or tearing of the ligament)
- Contusions (bruising)
While many soft tissue injuries are fairly mild, they can lead to chronic pain or even permanent disability if not treated properly. That’s why it’s essential to take the proper steps after sustaining an injury in an accident.
What to Do if You Have a Soft Tissue Injury
- Seek Medical Attention. Your health should always come first. Even if you feel okay or only have minor injuries, you should still get medical care as soon as possible. A doctor or other healthcare provider will be able to find and treat injuries that may not be obvious. Additionally, your doctor’s records of your injuries will be used in your accident claim.
- Keep Track of Damages. After the accident, keep a journal of any changes you experience because of your accident. “Damages” can be lost days of work, medical expenses, and other effects caused by your accident. Keeping track of damages as you go is the best way to ensure you receive everything you’re owed after an accident.
- Get Legal Advice. Soft tissue injury settlements in Alberta are complicated. There are many different laws that determine how accident victims are compensated for their injuries. Speaking with an experienced injury lawyer right away can help you and your family choose the right course of action to get a fair settlement.
James H. Brown and Associates: Alberta’s Accident Injury Lawyers
James H. Brown and Associates know from experience that recovering after a car accident can be hard. That’s why we have an experienced team of accident injury lawyers to help secure complete, fair compensation for accident victims.
Over the last thirty years, we’ve learned that no two accidents are the same; that’s why we offer a full range of resources for accident victims and their families, including:
- Over 250 years of combined injury law experience, including an unrivalled record of success in Alberta courts.
- Accident investigation services, including evidence preservation, accident reconstruction, and more.
- Experts and specialists to fully understand your injuries and their long-term effects.
- Strong relationships with Alberta organizations ready to assist with recovery.
James H. Brown and Associates is ready to help our clients in multiple languages, including English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Yoruba, and more.
Need an Injury Lawyer?
Contact us today to speak with a lawyer and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates.