TERRENCE M. KULASA
Mr. Kulasa obtained his law degree in 1977 and has since devoted his career to civil litigation and personal injury cases. He is a past President of the Edmonton Bar Association, a current member of the Canadian Bar Association, and has been a member of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association since its inception. He was also a founding member and President of PAID (People Against Impaired Driving) and a member of the Board of Directors for the Boyle McCauley Health Centre. Mr. Kulasa has been awarded a Best Lawyers Canada Certificate for 2022 recognizing his excellence in legal practice.
For many years, Mr. Kulasa was a member of the Multidiscipline Association for the Study of Chronic Pain, a group of Edmonton medical and legal professionals dedicated to the study of chronic pain. He has presented papers on brain injury, fibromyalgia, jury trials, TMJ injuries, expert witness briefing and procedural matters to meetings of the Canadian Bar Association, dental seminars and at the Glenrose Hospital. His work laid the foundation for James H. Brown and Associates’ multidisciplinary network of professionals dedicated to providing support and securing compensation for accident victims.
Mr. Kulasa continues to play a key role in Alberta injury law. Throughout his career (spanning over 30 trials), he has successfully established numerous important precedents in Alberta, including:
- Successfully proving that one can suffer a brain injury without a head strike or loss of consciousness (1988).
- The first cases in Alberta to award damages for loss of housekeeping capacity (1994).
- Successfully proving trauma from an accident can trigger the onset of fibromyalgia (1994).
- The first case in Alberta pertaining to cervical dystonia caused by an accident (2008).
- The first case in the Alberta Court of Appeal on advance payments to claimants who cannot pay for the necessities of life.
Mr. Kulasa is married with two daughters. His personal interests include bicycling, skiing, cycling, and weight training.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
AWARD WINNING LAW FIRM
When Your Life is Turned Upside Down, We’re There to Assist You Every Step of the Way