Serious injuries can be overwhelming. Far too often, accident victims and their families struggle to plan their next move after their lives have been turned upside down. Everybody wants the “best” care available for every part of their recovery, but it can be tough even to know what that looks like in the moment!
There are only two things you need to focus on after an injury: your overall well-being and securing a fair settlement that provides for your and your family’s needs. Following these three steps can help you take care of both:
- Seek Medical Attention. Nothing is more important than your health. Even if your injuries feel “minor,” you should still seek medical care immediately after an accident. A doctor or other healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat injuries that may not be obvious right away, and their records will likely be used in any potential accident claim.
- Keep Track of Damages. It’s essential to keep track of any changes in your day-to-day life resulting from your accident. “Damages” can be lost days of work, medical expenses, and other negative effects caused by your accident. Keeping track of what you lost will help ensure you receive everything you’re owed.
- Get Legal Advice (BEFORE Talking to the Other Driver’s Insurance). After an accident, the other driver’s insurance company will likely contact you for a statement. Never give an insurance company a statement before speaking with a lawyer. Many insurance companies will look for information in your statement they can use to pay you less. Instead, contact an experienced injury lawyer to determine what to do next.
While the first two steps are pretty straightforward, choosing the best injury lawyer for your case can be a lot more complicated. It’s one of the most important choices you’ll make; when your life and livelihood hang in the balance, you need a legal team ready to support you through every step of attaining complete, fair compensation for your injuries. Read more about what makes James H. Brown and Associates a leading choice for injured Edmontonians below.
Results That Speak for Themselves
Nobody hires an injury lawyer for fun; when you’re injured, you need a legal team ready to stand up for your rights and get you the settlement you deserve. Ideally, you want an experienced law firm with a proven record of getting results for its clients.
James H. Brown and Associates has an unrivalled record of success with accident claims, settlement negotiations, and full jury trials in Edmonton and across Alberta. Over the last 30 years, we’ve helped our clients recover some of the largest accident injury settlements in Albertan history while continually setting new precedents in Western Canadian injury law. We invite you to compare our results to any other law firm in Edmonton today.
James H. Brown and Associates’ past settlements include:
- $5.8 million from a spinal cord injury suffered in a collision with a semi-truck.
- $4.8 million from a traumatic brain injury resulting from a dump truck accident.
- $1 million from a whiplash injury caused by a motor vehicle accident.
Read more about our results here.
*Past results are not necessarily indicative of future outcomes. The amount recovered and other litigation results will vary according to the facts in every individual case.
Resources From Start to Finish
Although our award-winning firm may make success look easy, every accident, case, and client is unique. What if, for example, an insurance company disputes your version of events, or your long-term injuries require additional documentation? When choosing the best injury lawyer to represent you, it’s essential to ensure they have access to the resources to get you all the compensation you deserve.
As one of Edmonton’s largest and most successful injury law firms, James H. Brown and Associates proudly offers complete resources to support accident victims throughout the legal process, including:
- An experienced team of injury lawyers with over 250 years of combined injury law experience.
- Complete accident investigation services, including accident reconstruction, evidence preservation, analysis, and more.
- Access to medical and vocational professionals to fully diagnose your injuries, understand long-term impacts, and provide supporting documentation for your case.
- Strong relationships with organizations dedicated to injury rehabilitation and recovery.
On top of building strong cases and securing settlements, James H. Brown and Associates are dedicated to supporting accident victims and their families throughout the legal process. “When I was injured, there wasn’t much out there for support,” recalls James H. Brown. “Today, we are dedicated to giving seriously injured people the support they need.”
Edmonton’s Top-Rated Injury Lawyers
While awards aren’t everything, they can be good indicators of an organization’s success and business practices. Everyone wants “the best,” but accident victims and their families need to know they’re working with a firm they can trust when their future is on the line.
James H. Brown and Associates has been recognized with numerous awards over the last three decades, most recently:
- Recognition from Best Lawyers for Injury Law – 2020-2022
- BestInEdmonton’s Best Injury Lawyer in Edmonton – 2021
- Quality Business Awards’ Best Personal Injury Law in Edmonton – 2021
- ThreeBest Rated Best Business – 2021
Although we take great pride in our achievements, our core mission will always be to provide support and legal services for accident victims in Edmonton and across Alberta, serving our community with resources, experience, and knowledge to attain justice.
Need an Experienced Injury Lawyer?
Contact us today to speak with a lawyer and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates.