Imagine this: this past winter, you were involved in a car accident on Alberta’s treacherous roads. At the time, you didn’t think your injuries were that severe, and after filing your police report, you carried on with your daily routine, perhaps a little bit more sore than usual, but nothing serious (or so you thought). Now, however, spring is here, and you still don’t feel quite right; maybe your neck and back aren’t what they used to be, or you’re still experiencing frequent headaches or dizzy spells. Maybe symptoms of your injuries prevent you from doing your job or are affecting what you can do away from work. It’s clear you’re more injured than you initially thought, but a few months have passed; is it too late to seek compensation for your injuries?
No matter when an accident occurs, Albertans are entitled to receive complete, fair compensation for their injuries. Since 1993, James H. Brown and Associates has built its reputation by standing up for the rights of Albertans. Our award-winning team of experienced injury lawyers is ready to help you attain justice after an accident, with a proven record of success securing fair compensation for our clients. Read on to learn more about how we can help you get compensation for soft tissue and other injuries, as well as how James H. Brown and Associates is here to support accident victims every step of the way.
How Late is Too Late?
If you or a loved one are still feeling the effects of a car accident that happened this past winter, it’s not too late to seek compensation for your injuries!
Generally speaking, as long as a police report was filed and you haven’t accepted a settlement related to the accident, you can continue to pursue compensation for damages, even after a long period of time. While there isn’t a strict time limit on seeking legal advice or starting a claim, it’s still important to move quickly. Even if you have a solid case, settlement claims can take a long time to be resolved; if your injuries are costing you money or affecting your quality of life, starting the process soon will help get you on the road to recovery faster.
What You Should Do Today
If you’re considering pursuing legal action after an accident, it’s essential to take the following steps:
- Get Checked Out Immediately. Doctors and healthcare providers will be able to provide you with a full diagnosis of your injuries, as well as confirm if they were indeed caused by your accident. Their records will become a critical part of your case, so make sure to describe your injuries in detail.
- Start Documenting Damages. Were you sore all winter? Did it affect your ability to work or spend time with your family? Did your accident cause unexpected expenses? Write it down! Thoroughly documenting your damages is the best way to secure fair compensation for them; no detail is too minor!
- Seek Legal Advice. Motor vehicle accident law is complicated in Alberta. After suffering injuries in a car accident, a team of experienced injury lawyers is your best bet for protecting your rights and securing the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Injury Law with James H. Brown
For nearly thirty years, James H. Brown and Associates has stood up for Albertans and helped them move forward after serious accidents. We understand firsthand what it’s like to be injured in a car accident, and are committed to helping our clients attain justice and secure the compensation they need to move forward.
Every accident is unique; that’s why we proudly offer a complete range of services and support for our clients, including:
- An award-winning team of injury lawyers with an unrivalled record of success.
- Investigation and evidence preservation services, including accident reconstruction.
- Access to experts able to determine the full extent of injuries and provide important documentation for your case.
- Strong relationships with organizations ready to assist with rehabilitation and recovery.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in a Car Accident?
Contact us today to book a free, no-obligation consultation with James H. Brown and Associates’ injury lawyers.